Apple Crumble Recipe – Apple crumble recipe is a traditionally prepared British topping. Britain people use British apples to make the crumbles. Besides, many nations have adopted the preparation of crumbles using other fruits like strawberry.
The apple filling is neither watery nor dry, but instead, it is slightly syrupy with a little addition of flour. The topping crumbles when you serve it but does not disintegrate, because some chunks hold together. Apples are the only fruits that make the perfect crumble.
Apple crumbles are easy to make, provided with the right ingredients. Here, you will get easy apple crumble recipe instructions.
What are the ingredients for making an apple crumble?
Ingredients For the apple filling
• 1 kg Granny smith green apples
• One tablespoon of white flour
• Half a cup of white sugar
• Two tablespoons of water or lemon juice
• Half tablespoon of ground cinnamon
Ingredients For topping
- One teacup of processed oats
- Half a glass of melted butter
- Half tablespoon baking powder
- A teacup of white flour
- A teacup of loosely packed brown sugar
- One tablespoon of cinnamon
- A tablespoon of salt
Instructions for an apple crumble recipe
- Heat the oven to 180 Centigrade.
- Weigh and then cut the apples into half centimeter portions.
- Put apple cubes in a dish, and add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Pour lemon juice over the mixture. Then toss the mixture and spread in a baking pan.
- Put the topping components in a dish and mix well until crumbles form. Then spread apples over the clumps already formed from the topping ingredients. Crumble using fingers to form crumbles.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake crumbles for 45 minutes. Bake until they turn golden brown. Remove crumbles from the oven, then cover lightly with a foil and let it stay for about 10 minutes, for it to be warm.
- Serve the apple crumbles when warm with vanilla.
Important recipe notes
- Weigh the apples before peeling. However, it is an advisable event not to peel the apples because the skin has no taste effect.
- To make ahead, crumble the apple filling and topping mixture before baking the crumbles, and cover, for a better crumble head formation.
- Apple crumbles have a higher nutritional value than the ice cream.
- The apple crumbles recipes have a high level of sweetness. However, if you like less sweet recipes, you can reduce the amount of sugar in the topping mixture.
Easy apple crumble recipe achieved by the easy instructions is more comfortable and straightforward. Because of the readily available ingredients in your cupboard. There are many crumble recipes out there, but this is the easiest because it does not involve complicated baking techniques and complex components. But it merely tastes sweet, works well, and makes the apple crumble unique.
Besides, some other fruits like pears, strawberry, and rhubarb can prepare crumbles. Apple crumble recipes enable you to be much imaginative because of its versatility. All you need is to be creative on the crumble designs you prefer. Furthermore, apple crumbles have a higher nutritional value in your body than the ice cream.