Coffee Jelly Recipe – Coffee jelly originated in Japan. This is a treat that is often served during the summer months. It is cool and refreshing. A person can still enjoy their coffee without having it in the hot form which is great when the weather turns warms.
- 1 package of unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbsp. hot water
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 cup of freshly made coffee
- In a bowl put the gelatin and the water. Allow the gelatin to dissolve into the water.
- In a saucepan over high heat put the gelatin mixture, the sugar, and the coffee. Allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Once the coffee mixture has begun to boil put it into individual servicing bowls or into a large pan where it can later be cut into cubes.
- Allow the coffee mixture to chill in the refrigerator until it becomes a solid. This can take 6 to 7 hours.
If a person does not use regular milk, almond milk can be used it its place. There are also some non dairy alternatives that can be used in place of the whole milk. If a person likes their coffee a little on the sweet side they can add more sugar. The level of sugar can be adjusted based on the preference of the person drinking it.
To make this coffee jelly a real treat there are some additional toppings that can be added to it. While these toppings are not required to enjoy the coffee jelly they will add some flavor and a little bit of sweetness if a person chooses. Some of the best toppings to add to the coffee jelly include whipped topping and chocolate sauce. It can also be served with ice cream including a coffee flavored ice cream to complement the flavors of the jelly.