Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-2022 in the UK – Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are auxiliary education funds provided to students from low and middle-income families. The main aim of the scholarship is to help talented individuals from the commonwealth countries who cannot afford to study in the UK. The candidate must have proposed research with a developmental aim.
Scholarship Host Country: United Kingdom
Funded by: The UK Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO)
This scholarship open for applicant from low and middle income countries include; Bangladesh, Belize, Botswana, Cameroon, Dominica, Eswatini, Fiji, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montserrat, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, St Helena, St Lucia, St Vincent, Grenadines, Samoa, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Gambia, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uganda, and Zambia.
Benefits of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-2022 in the UK
- A fully funded visa to the UK upon admission and back to the mother country after completion
- Authentic tuition fees
- Monthly upkeep of Є 1,116 or Є 1369 for those in the urban areas
- A grant for a study-related trip in the UK
- An overseas experience and interactions with other specialists who share the developmental passion
- A monthly child allowance of the first, second and third born under the age of 16. The firstborn gets Є 478, and the second and third born get Є 118. However, this applies to the widowed, separated, or single guardians.
- Extra allowances, for instance, those that need extra warm clothes.
- An experience of the hands-on curriculum propels the efficiency of the students, hence making them more marketable.
- Increase interaction and cohesion among the commonwealth countries and uplifting the disadvantaged ones.
- The scholarship encourages cultural interactions as they select high-quality candidates from various countries. This interaction improves communication skills and interpersonal relationships and may lead to a cross-border partnership.
- The efficiency of the high-end candidates after the study helps uplift their communities.
Eligibility Criteria of Commonwealth Split-site Scholarship 2021-2022 in the UK
However enticing the benefits are, there are certain requirements that the high-end graduates must meet. Nonetheless, the commonwealth believes that every ambitious and passionate candidate is eligible. Below are the scholarship needed criteria;
- The high-end candidate must be a citizen of the commonwealth country. Alternatively, be a recognized refugee in a commonwealth country. The candidate may also be a British-protected person.
- The high-end candidate must have a registered Ph.D. from any high institution in the commonwealth country by the time they are awarded the scholarship.
- The candidate must be willing to start the Ph.D. study by January 2022.
- The candidate must be from a middle class or an impoverished background such that they can not afford to study without the scholarship.
- The candidate must ensure that there is a departmental link between the current university and the proposed university.
- The high-end candidate must possess at least an upper second class honor or a second degree plus an authentic postgraduate degree.
Application Requirements for Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-2022 in the UK
The high-end candidate is expected to make only one application, and all applications are made directly to the CSC using the online application system. Only online applications will be considered. Candidates are advised to start the application process as soon as possible because the online system is likely to be busy following the Application deadline.
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships 2021-2022 Application Procedure
- Candidates are expected to upload a copy of a valid passport or a national ID, or an identification document.
- Candidates are expected to upload academic transcripts showing their education qualifications. The document should be in English; if not, it should be accompanied by translations.
- Upload the supervisor’s statement from the current institution showing the institutional link to the UK university.
- Every candidate should submit a reference. The referee should submit the documents directly to the portal following an email request.
Commonwealth Split-site scholarship offers opportunities to the limited individuals to attain the highest hierarchy of their education. Also, the scholarship offers the same opportunity to students with disabilities, and it does not discriminate against gender or ethnicity. The candidates are selected depending on the academic merit, the focus of the research proposal, and the effect the development is likely to bring to the candidate’s native country. Candidates must ensure that every document and supporting documentation is submitted through the online CSC portal, or the document will not be considered. Currently, the portal is open, and the application deadline is 17:00 (GMT) on 13th August 2021.