DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2022 in Germany – Fully Funded
DAAD Scholarship is a program funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, invented to support graduate students with degrees to achieve the master’s degree in master’s program. The program is purposed to help learned students attain their political, social, and economic development, which is only offered to students in specific countries.
DAAD will prioritize the first graduates to get a scholarship in economics, law, political science, and administration to get appropriate future jobs in their countries. This article will be guiding the reader on details concerning how DAAD Scholarship works.
Host Country: Germany
- Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Otto Von Guericke University Magdeburg
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- University of Erfurt
- University of Applied Sciences Osnabruck
- University of Passau
- University of Potsdam
What are the requirements to get the DAAD Scholarship?
- Database on admission requirement; Helps students from other countries to check if they are eligible for the DAAD Scholarship.
- The higher education entrance qualification affirms whether you have qualified for higher education entrance to study in Germany.
- Recognition of the IB-Diploma in Germany; the IB-Diploma is a school learning qualification awarded to high-level students to attain education internationally.
- Recognition of the general certificate of education (GCE) in Germany; you must show that you have attained all four subjects from various topics independently. The subjects must include the following;
1. Natural sciences, that is, chemistry, physics, and biology or mathematics.
2. You must have passed at least three subjects from the GCE level.
Other requirements may include:
- Quality of your application
- Residence permit
- Health Insurance
Fields of Study under DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Scholarship Programme:
- Analysis and Design of Social Protection Systems
- Development and Governance
- Public Policy
- Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS)
- Management in Nonprofit Organisation
- Governance and Public Policy
- Development Studies
- Public Management (MPM)
Eligible Countries for DAAD Scholarship 2022:
- Bosnia and
- North Macedonia
- Palestinian Territories
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African
- Republic of the Congo
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Côte d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- São Tomé und
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Cook Islands
- Marshall Islands
- North Korea
- Papua N. Guinea
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- Latin Am
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Rep.
- El Salvador
- Vin. & Gre.
What is the application procedure?
Note; application procedure may vary depending on the type of scholarship you have chosen.
Here is how to go about the application steps:
Step 1: select the scholarship you have chosen, then click on the apply tab (which appears during application only). You will see the closing date on the application page, which will help you limit your application process.
In case of any technical problem during the application, you can use the portal hotline available during weekdays from 9:00 am up to midday. Then from 2:00 pm up to 4:00 pm (CET)
Step 2: submit all the documents listed in the call for application found under the DAAD application procedure. However, applicants must present documents only in the DAAD portal section.
Step 3: After completing your application, you will receive a confirmation message stating that your application has been approved. After that, you will receive an email from the DAAD portal’s system indicating that the system has successfully approved your application.
Step 4: Apply online or electronically. For online applicants, you can do it through the DAAD portal, which is fast and convenient. For more details concerning this, please check the ”Application procedure” and follow prompt instructions.
Which language should you use during the application?
You can use German or English to apply via the DAAD portal system. Mark you, documents that have been written in German or English must be translated, of which the translations may not have to be certified, which means that you can solve the languages all by yourself.
However, you can always find out which language options are in the ‘’application procedure’’ section.
Who decides about my application?
A private volunteer committee reviews all applications. Thus the decision is strictly made by a local selection committee and not the DAAD staff. The DAAD employees are not eligible to vote in the scholarship process.
The selection committee will make its decisions based on;
- Academic achievements
- The quality of the project
The eligibility criteria of DAAD will be based on the level of education of the applicant. The selection committee will check on how convincing the project is. Your language skills will vary as additional selection criteria.
What are DAAD Scholarship benefits?
- DAAD grants travel allowance. If family members have accompanied you, DAAD will provide for their travel. However, this is applicable if it is not less than a period of six months stay.
- You can have a part-time job while studying at DAAD; you need to get approval from the DAAD management before starting the career. The supervisor at DAAD, to be precise, must approve your request first.
- Payment per month will depend on the qualification of the applicant. If you hold a master’s program, you will receive £ 861, postdocs and doctorate candidates £ 1,200, lecturers and assistant professors £ 2,150. Check more details on the ” call for applications’’ in the scholarship database.
- DAAD provides additional benefits for disabled persons or those with chronic diseases.
For more information concerning the same, contact DAAD customer service following prompt instructions.
In conclusion, if you need more details concerning the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Programme 2022 In German, please do not hesitate to visit the website provided. Education is key to success; DAAD is thinking of the future generation by providing scholarships to potential students worldwide.
All interested candidates can apply from 1st June to 31st July 2021.