DOST-CBPSME Scholarship – CBPSME (Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education). The Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI), in cooperation with the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME), offers scholarships to qualified male and female applicants for the pursuance of Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Science and Mathematics Education under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME).
The program aims to:
- improve the quality of science and mathematics education in the country; and
- accelerate the development of critical mass of experts in science and mathematics education
- Master’s in Mathematics / Science Education
- Doctoral in Mathematics / Science Education
School Placement and Field of Specialization
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
1. Natural-born Filipino citizen;
2. Not more than 50 years old at the time of application;
3. In good health and of good moral character;
4. Pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
5. Have at least two years teaching experience in science and mathematics for Doctoral; or at least one year teaching experience or have graduated with academic honors or graduated as DOST scholar for Master’s;
6.a If employed: Allowed to study full-time for two or three years (Residential Mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (Distance Education Mode); and
6.b For employees of the DepEd: Officially endorsed by DepEd (Signed Form 2A by Division Superintendent and Regional Director)
6.b.1 Must have been in service for at least five (5) years.
6.b.2 Must have at least Very Satisfactory performance rating for the last two (2) years.
6.c For employed non-DepEd applicants: Certificate of Employment, Permit to Study (Signed Form 2B by the Head of the University);
7. Not a recipient of other scholarship; and
8. Willing to accept the terms and conditions specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Who else may apply?
PhD graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second PhD degree.
MS/PhD non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who intends to pursue a second MS/PhD degree.
Who may NO longer apply?
PhD graduate (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue another MS degree program.
MS graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second MS degree.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
- Accomplished Application Form (Form 1);
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- If employed, Certification of Employment and Permit to Study (Form 2A or Form 2B);
- Medical Certificate (Form 3);
- Certified True Copy of Service Record, if employed;
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records (TOR);
- Notice of Admission to the Master’s/Doctoral in Science and Mathematics Education program in the Graduate School at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- Endorsement from two (2) former professors; and
- Letter of nomination/recommendation from the head of the university.
- Commitment to complete the degree.
The stipends in the remaining months of the scholarship period shall be given to a scholar who completes his/her degree earlier than the end of the said period.
TERMS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
An awardee shall:
- enroll in the required academic load per semester and study full-time/part-time (UPOU) in any of the identified training institutions;
- maintain a grade point average/general weighted average required by the Graduate School of the university and comply with the university’s academic requirements to remain in the scholarship program;
- comply with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship Contract to be entered into among himself/herself, the DOST-SEI, and the Training Institution;
- render service in the Philippines upon completion of the degree along the field of specialization for a period equivalent to the length of time the scholarship is enjoyed;
- refund the scholarship grant with 12% interest for non-completion of the program within the prescribed period of study and/or failure to comply with the service obligation.
SELECTION OF AWARDEES
- University screens and evaluates the accomplished application form and other documentary requirements of the applicant.
- University interviews short-listed applicants
- University endorses the list of potential qualifiers to SEI.
- DOST-SEI validates eligibility of the potential qualifiers to the scholarship
Additional Process for DepEd Teacher Applicants
- DOST-SEI endorses to DepEd the list of names of potential qualifiers from DepEd who are teaching and non-teaching personnel with at least five (5) years in the service and with at least very satisfactory performance rating to the last two years per DepEd D.O. 68 s.2009.
- DepEd issues potential qualifier Certification re-Permit to go on Leave with Compensation.
DepEd endorses to DOST-SEI the list of qualified DepEd teachers and non-teaching personnel for final approval of the DOST Secretary.
- Upon approval of the DOST Secretary, the list of awardees is final and unappealable.
- DOST-SEI, through the Consortium Project Directors, sends the notice of award to the awardees.
HOW TO APPLY
Where to Obtain and File Application Forms
Dr. Raphael A. Guerrero
Dean, School of Science and Eng’g.
Project Director, CBPSME
Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Dr. Lorna M. Miña
College of Education, Legazpi Cty
Dr. Eden S. David
Dept. of Biological Sciences, College of Science
Science City of Muñoz, Nueva Ecija
Dr. Ireneo C. Abad
College of Teacher Education
Cebu City, Cebu
Dr. Josephine C. Pelingon
Office of the Graduate School
Tacloban City, Leyte
|Particulars||First Semester of AY 2021-2022|
|Applicant to University||June 30, 2022|
|University to SEI||July 29, 2022|
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
Tel no.: 8330 8876, 8330 8826
Email: [email protected]