DOST-PCHRD Foreign Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 – Application for DOST-PCHRD Foreign Graduate Scholarship Program 2022 is now available.
The mission of Department of Science and Technology – Philippine Council for Health Research and Development (DOST-PCHRD) and Faculty of Tropical Medicine (FTM), Mahidol University (SEAMEO TROPMED Thailand) is to address health systems needs by developing and strengthening capacity for health research through teaching and research for advanced knowledge in medical sciences and medical services. Hence, both institutions agreed to collaborate on the development and implementation of a graduate scholarship program.
The Foreign Graduate Scholarship Program offers exciting opportunities for research training particularly on tropical diseases. The program aims to provide opportunities to deserving students to study and obtain graduate degrees abroad and develop a pool of high-quality human resources who will contribute to the country’s global competitiveness and economic development.
The three-year multidisciplinary program offers broad areas in Tropical Medicine including Protozoology, Helminthology, Medical Entomology, Microbiology and Immunology, Social and Environmental Medicine, Tropical Hygiene, Tropical Nutrition and Food Science, Tropical Pathology and Molecular Tropical Medicine and Genetics focusing on active learning experience in well-equipped laboratory and at field site to equip graduates with multidisciplinary knowledge and skills in Tropical Medicine.
The two-year program focuses on equipping students with scientific knowledge on tropical diseases, public health and related subjects. The goal of the program is to provide a balanced education that combines knowledge, skills, and moral values. The program has been developed to stimulate students to embrace life-long learning in scientific research, develop their soft and communication skills, and build their leadership ability.
One position for PhD program and two positions for MSc program will be available each year at FTM Mahidol University – SEAMEO TROPMED Thailand (Subject to the availability of funds)
The applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen;
- Be in good health condition;
- Not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- Have completed B.Sc./M.Sc degree in related field of study;
- Have an outstanding academic record;
- Passed the admission requirements for the MSc/PhD study;
- Passed the interview and other screening procedures;
- Have research interests which are aligned with the National Unified Health Research Agenda (NUHRA) and Harmonized National Research and Development Agenda;
- Conduct his/her research for the entire duration of the scholarship and of the MSc/PhD Program; and
- Be willing to render the required service obligation for a period equivalent to twice the length of time or a fraction thereof that they enjoyed the MS/PhD scholarships.
- Living allowance;
- Book allowance;
- Tuition and other school fees;
- Outright dissertation grant;
- Health and accident insurance;
- One round-trip economy fare from residence to Thailand (start and end of the scholarship period only); and
- Pre-departure expenses (one-time only)
|Admission to Graduate Program||The applicant must apply and be accepted by the FTM Mahidol University – SEAMEO TROPMED Thailand for their chosen program.|
|Scholarship Application||The applicant must submit the necessary requirements for the Foreign Graduate Scholarship Program to DOST-PCHRD.|
|Document Screening||Documentary evaluation of the accomplished form and other requirements|
|Technical Interview||Technical interview by a panel composed of representatives from DOST-PCHRD, FTM Mahidol University – SEAMEO TROPMED Thailand, and other health research experts to assess:
The interview will take place online.
|Final Selection||The panel will identify the successful MSc/PhD student(s) among the candidates interviewed.|
Note: An Applicant who has already started his/her studies abroad prior to application to the scholarship program can no longer apply.
|March||Opening of the Call for Applications|
|April 15||Application deadline|
|May||Document Screening and Interview
Announcement of the selected candidate(s)
|June||Preparation of necessary documents (visa, insurance, bank account,etc.) and signing of scholarship agreement|
|July||Orientation of Scholars and Departure|
|August||Start of MSc/PhD program|
How to Apply
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Tropical Medicine: https://graduate.mahidol.ac.th/inter/prospective-students/?p=curriculum&id=4801D02G
2. Master of Science in Tropical Medicine: https://graduate.mahidol.ac.th/inter/prospective-students/?p=curriculum&id=4801M02G
Please visit, https://graduate.mahidol.ac.th/admission-inter/login.php
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Accomplished application form with recent ID picture
- Endorsement from the two former professors in college (For MS applicant) or two from professors in the MS Program for applicant pursuing a PhD program
- If employed:
- Recommendation from Head of Agency
- Permission to take a leave of absence (LOA) while on scholarship
- Certificate of Bachelor’s Degree (for MSc applicants), Master’s Degree MS (for PhD applicants)
- Transcript of records (certified true copy)
- Accomplished re-entry action plan form (narrative)
- Letter of Admission from the Mahidol University
- Program of Study/Course Curriculum
Applicant/s who were able to pass the interview will be asked to submit the following:
- PSA Birth Certificate (Photocopy)
- Valid NBI Clearance (Original)
- Medical Certificate as to health status from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated
Applicant/s who will be accepted in the program will be asked to submit the following before departure to Thailand:
- Budgetary Requirements (attach at least 3 airfare and 3 health and accident insurance canvasses and website references for items requested)
Documents must be submitted to:
For advance copy of documents, email: [email protected]
For hard copy of documents, send to:
Dr. Jaime C. Montoya (c/o Jessica Marie Suerte)
Executive Director III, DOST-PCHRD
DOST Executive Lounge (PCHRD Office), DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan Taguig City 1631 Philippines
For any inquiries, please email: [email protected]