DOST-PSHS Scholarship 2023/2024 – DOST-PSHS now accepting scholarship applications for 2023-2024
The Philippine Science High School (PSHS) is now accepting Scholarship applications for incoming grade 7 students for 2023-2024, open to eligible Filipino students through its Requirement for Admission, Criteria and Evaluation (RACE).
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education (DepEd) who meets the following criteria is eligible to apply for the PSHS RACE.
According to PSHS, the selection procedure is composed of two stages: determining the applicant’s predicted NCE grade, which is based on final grades in science and mathematics in grade 5, and combining accumulated scores from the applicant’s academic rank at the end of grade 5, and reviewing the applicant’s personal essay on a particular topic.
Free tuition fee; free loan of textbooks; monthly stipend; uniform, transportation and living allowances for low income groups and dormitory accommodation (if applicable).
Criteria for Eligibility
To qualify, applicants must
- have a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch;
- be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- not be more than 15 years old by June 30, 2023;
- have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her reportcard (SY 2021 – 2022);
- have not previously applied for admission in PSHS; and
- preferably, be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
The application requirements are as follows:
- Fully accomplished Application Form
- Recent 1 x 1 ID pictures
- Non-refundable processing fee of Php 300 for private school students, based on the applicant’s Grade 5 school; free application for public school students and full scholars from private schools
- Certified true copy of report card (SY 2021 – 2022) by the class adviser/principal
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch
- Certification from the private school if the pupil-applicant is on full scholarship
- RACE Online Application website: nce.pshs.edu.ph
PSHS campuses are located in Diliman, Quezon City; San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur; Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya, Irisan, Baguio City; Clark, Pampanga, Barangay Sampaga, Batangas City; Barangay Odiongan, Romblon; Goa, Camarines Sur; Jaro, Iloilo; Palo, Leyte; Argao, Cebu; Dipolog City, Zamboanga; Balo-i, Lanao del Norte; Mintal, Davao City; Koronadal City, South Cotabato; and Ampayon, Butuan City.
Applicants may now apply online through this link https://nce.pshs.edu.ph/signup.
The deadline for online and in-person filing of application is on November 15, 2022.
The selection procedure is composed of two stages: determining the applicant’s predicted NCE grade, which is based on final grades in science and mathematics in grade 5, and combining accumulated scores from the applicant’s academic rank at the end of grade 5, and evaluating the applicant’s personal essay on a particular topic.
The PSHS System is an attached agency of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).