Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) 2022 – The Global Korea Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship from the degree, Ph.D., and master’s programs. The GKS offers undergraduate with and associate degrees to the students applying to this scholarship program.
GKS includes most of the universities from South Korea. More than 200 GKS scholarship programs are provided for international students. International students can now apply for the Global Korea Scholarships online for the 2022-23 session, especially for the BS and MS, and doctoral programs.
Providing more opportunities to the students who are willing to excel in their fields and make a change in the world is what motivates the GKS scholarship. Applications can be done through the embassy, online, or directly to the domestic universities in Korea. Therefore, candidates have plenty of options for pursuing their careers since the fields are not limited.
The students selected are admitted to different universities that are in South Korea. Affordable living expenses, accommodation costs, and a well-prepared scholarship program are offered in the GKS program. Among other advantages, international students are built with cross-cultural understanding, exploring international laboratories, and experiencing several cities within South Korea.
BENEFITS AND VALUE OF GKS
Studying in the Universities that are within South Korea is very advantageous. Opening more opportunities in the current competitive market is one of the advantages. The benefits enjoyed by the students studying in these universities are not expected in other scholarship programs.
Applying for the GKS is has many benefits, especially for those who are sincere with their courses. The benefits and values of the Global Korea Scholarship are endless. The significant benefits of applying for the scholarship include the following;
- The most significant benefit is that the scholarship is fully funded.
- A settlement allowance of 200,000 KRW and a monthly allowance of 900,000 KRW are provided through the program.
- 60,000 KRW for medical insurance and 100,000 KRW Korean proficiency grants are provided per month.
- One is provided with 100,000 KRW once for the degree completion grants.
- After being selected to join the program, one is taught the Korean language for one month and for free.
- A waiver in admission to Korean Universities is provided to all applicants.
- The student is provided with an air return ticket from home to Korea; therefore, there are no worries about the return tickets.
- The cost of tuition per semester is covered.
If a student is holding a TOPIK level 5 or 6, they are given an amount of 100,000 KRW.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF GKS
- The applicant should be a citizen of a country listed in the Global Korea Scholarship program.
- One should have a clear medical report and be physically and mentally fit.
- One should acquire a GPA of 80% for the GKS program.
- The applicant should not have dual citizenship.
- The applicant should be less than 25 years old and a high school graduate. For Masters and Ph.D. courses, the maximum age of the applicant is 40 years.
- The applicant should not be a permanent resident of Korea.
- To apply for PG and Ph.D. courses, one should have at least 16 to 18 years of formal education.
- One must have a Cumulative Grade Point Average, CGPA, equal to or higher than that of high school.
GKS APPLICATION PROCEDURE
The Global Korea Scholarship program applications are made mainly through the university or embassy tracks. Three rounds are available in the selection criteria for the GKS program. A candidate is admitted to one of the South Korea Universities after passing all three rounds. They are also required to acquire a certificate of good mental and physical health, after which they will be admitted and assume the courses applied.
University track process
The Global Korea Scholarship is granted with permission from the South Korean government to admit 35 international students from 17 countries for associate degrees and 72 international students from 72 countries for a bachelor’s degree. An applicant should pass through the 1st selection process as proposed by the respective university to select the scholarship program.
Embassy track process
Within 67 countries, only 125 lucky students are admitted to the undergraduate program degree. The students should pass through the 1st selection process of their respective countries. While applying through the embassy track, the applicant should choose at least three universities. One should submit the documents required to the Korean embassy in the native country.