ABOUT SWAMI VIVEKANANDA SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is a big help for students. It is designed to help the poor. This scholarship is once called the Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship.
This scholarship is operated by the West Bengal state. It is open to students that cannot afford the cost of the school. Graduates and students that are still in schools grades 9 to 12 can apply. This will allow students to continue their education without having to worry about the cost.
The scholarship is designed to help the cost of school for students that cannot pay for it. There is some information about the current Swami Vivekananda scholarship that students should be aware of. There is also a step by step guide to apply for this scholarship and the eligibility criteria.
Who can apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
This scholarship is based on academic merit. A family cannot make more than Rs 2,50,000 to meet this qualification.
The date to apply for a scholarship is December 2020 and the date for renewal applications is in July 2021.
This scholarship is developed by the West Bengal government to help families that are facing hardships. Different educational levels can apply for this scholarship. This way it can help a larger selection of students.
The scholarships follow all of the criteria that was set by the West Bengal government. There are some eligibility requirements as stated by the government:
- Students should be in 11th or 12th grade. This scholarship is also open to those that are at the undergraduate level or the post graduate level.
- The candidate can pursue a Doctoral degree and they need to be attending state institutions to be eligible.
- The student should be taking coursework in the area of science, commerce, and they should complete these courses with at least a 45% aggregate.
- The candidate should not apply for another scholarship during this time.
DETAILED ELIGIBILITY CTITERIA
Once the student has shown that they need help for finances there are some academic qualifications they need to meet. A student should score at least 755 on the West Bengal qualifying exam. This percentage applies to all degrees that a student would be going for.
There are specific criteria that also need to be met for this scholarship.
- Course level: Student with Higher Secondary Level
Eligibility: need to qualify with the Madhymik parisha or a related exam
- Course level: Student with a Diploma
Eligibility: Students need to qualify with the Madhyamik parisha and they need to have a least a year of a diploma course. The student needs to pass with at least 75%.
- Course level: Undergraduate Students
Edibility: should need to have a passing higher secondary level exam or a related exam
- Course level: Postgraduate Student
Eligibility: these students should be at the honors level and they should focus on subjects such as engineering
- Course level: Kanyashree Applications
Eligibility: The candidate should have received a Sanctioned k-2 ID applicant and should be going for a PG in science, commerce, and arts.
- Course level: M. Phil or NET
Eligibility: the student should have applied for this program and need state aid to be successful
The following Scholarship amount has been finalized as specified on the scholarship official website, the allocation and rate of scholarship are tabulated for the convenience of candidates.
|Category||Level of study||Scholarship Amount|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher secondary||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||Rs. 1000 per month|
|Directorate of public instruction (DPI)||Undergraduates in Arts Undergraduates in commerce Undergraduates in science Undergraduates in other professional courses postgraduates in Arts postgraduates in commerce postgraduates in Science postgraduates in other professional courses NON-NET M.Phil/ Ph.D||
Rs. 1000 per month
Rs. 1000 per month
Rs. 1500 per month
Rs. 1500 per month
Rs. 2000 per month
Rs. 2000 per month
Rs. 2500 per month
Rs. 2500 per month
Rs. 5000 – Rs.8000 per month
|Technical education at college or university level||
Undergraduate or postgraduates in Engineering or other professional
|Rs. 5000 per month|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training||Undergraduate||Rs. 1500 per month|
|Directorate of medical education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/ Diploma courses||Rs. 5000 or Rs. 1500 per month respectively|
The Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Application process:
If a student meets all of the eligibility criteria they will move on to the next step. The entire application is online. The applications will be used in descending order based on qualifications. The scholarship is based on the availability of the funds. The funds will be put into the bank account of the candidates that are selected.
Step by step online process:
Step 1: Complete the registration
The registration is filled out by the applicant. They will be generated a 15 digit which needs to be saved for future access. They need to fill in all areas of the form.
1. K2 year of the application
2. Kanyashree ID
3. Applicant’s name
4. Applicant’s Date of birth
5. Applicant’s father’s name
6. applicant’s mother’s name
Step 2: Upload images and signature
There are documents and other forms that will need to be scanned and uploaded along with the signature of the applicant.
Signatures and images can be scanned:
– Image & Signature Format- JPG/JPEG
– Size of Image & Signature – 10KB-20KB
Step 3: Uploading the documents
This is an important part of the application. There are strict size limits to follow. They should be in PDF form and cannot be larger than 400 Kb. Additional documents may be needed for a fresh or a renewal application.
Documents to be uploaded
- scores for the Madhyamik exam or equivalent front and back
- proof of qualifying exams
- income sheet for the family
- domicile certificate
- bank passbook copy
- market sheet copy of both exams
- recipe of admissions to the next level
Step 4: Submitting the application
There is a two page verification certificate that needs to be filled out by the candidate. There is a copy for the applicant and then another copy will be given to the institution.
Deadline: The last day that a person can apply for this scholarship is July 2021.
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION PROCESS
There are a few steps involve in the selection:
1. Online applicants are sorted
2. They are screened to make sure the academic and income criteria are met
3. All documents must be submitted
4. The scholarship will be distributed
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA SCHOLARSHIP RENEWAL PROCESS
To renew the Swami Vivekananda scholarship an applicant will log in using the official website. They will then apply for their scholarship. They should apply before the beginning of the new academic term. This way they will have the funds for the new term.
- A person should log in to the application using the Swami Vivekananda scholarship official website (refer link below).
- They will see the login for applicants
- A person will need to enter their applicant id and their password
- They will enter their information and then click on submit.
- A person will see that they have submitted the document and they can check their profile to make sure their information is the most current.
Email ID:- [email protected]
Toll Free Number:- +1800-102-8014