DOST-CBPSME Part-time Scholarship for Science and Mathematics Teachers | The Part-time Scholarship for Science and Mathematics Teachers, a component of the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME), is for the pursuance of master’s degree in science and mathematics education. It is open to male and female teachers who are currently employed in the secondary schools and have teaching experience of less than five (5) years.
The program aims to:
- make graduate education more accessible to talented S&M teachers who are financially constrained to pursue graduate studies;
- upgrade the teaching of science and mathematics in the secondary level through teacher education programs; and
- accelerate the development of critical mass of experts in the fields of science and mathematics education.
Type of Scholarship
- Master’s in science and mathematics education programs
- Part time, 4 years
CBPSME-National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME)
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Bicol University
- Cebu Normal University
- Central Luzon State University
- De La Salle University
- Leyte Normal University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- MSU-Institute of Iligan of Technology
- MSU-Marawi City
- Philippine Normal University
- Saint Mary’s University
- University of San Carlos
- Western Mindanao State University
- West Visayas State University
- UP College of Education
- UP Open University
Science and Technology Regional Alliance of Universities for National Development (STRAND)
- Central Mindanao University
- Nueva Vizcaya State University
- University of Science and Technology of Southern Philippines-Cagayan De Oro
Criteria for Eligibility
An applicant must:
- be a natural born Filipino citizen;
- not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- be in good health condition and of good moral character;
- pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any CBPSME and STRAND member-universities; and
- pass the interview and other screening procedures.
Who else may apply?
- MS non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who
- intends to pursue a second MS degree.
Who may NO longer apply?
- MS graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second MS degree.
- Accomplished Application Form;
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- Certified True Copy of the Official Transcript of Record;
- Service Record as proof of employment in the secondary school;
- Endorsement from two former professors in college;
- Medical Certificate as to health status and fitness to study from a licensed physician with his/her PRC license number indicated;
- Valid NBI Clearance;
- Notice of Admission to the CBPSME-NCGSME or STRAND universities; and
- Approved Program of Study for master’s degree in science and mathematics education.
- Tuition & other school fees : ₱20,000/semester
- Thesis Grant : ₱60,000
Terms of Scholarship Award
- Enroll at any of the CBPSME-NCGSME / STRAND member- university for PART-TIME graduate studies (6 units minimum/semester or 9 units maximum/semester/term) to pursue a Master’s degree program in science and mathematics education.
- Maintain the grade and other academic requirements to remain in the graduate program.
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the Scholarship Agreement to be entered into among him/herself, the Training Institution and the DOST-SEI.
- Refund the scholarship grant plus 12% interest for failure to complete the program within the approved scholarship period or to comply with the service obligation.
- Render service for 1 year after the completion of the Master’s degree.
Selection of Awardees
- University screens and evaluates the accomplished application form and other documentary requirements of the applicant.
- University interviews short-listed applicants.
- University endorses the list of potential qualifiers to SEI.
- DOST-SEI validates eligibility of the potential qualifiers to the scholarship.
- Upon approval of the DOST Secretary, the list of awardees is final and unappealable.
- DOST-SEI, through the Consortium Project Directors, sends the notice of award to the awardees.
of AY 2022-2023
|Applicant to University||June 30, 2022|
|University to SEI||July 29, 2022|
JOSETTE T. BIYO
Science Education Institute
S&T Scholarship Division
2nd Level Science Heritage Bldg.
DOST Cmpd., Gen. Santos Ave.
Bicutan, Taguig City.
Email: [email protected]
Phone no.: (02) 8330-8876, (02) 8330-8826