2023-2024 Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) – The Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) for Graduate Studies was established for the purpose of developing technical, scientific, professional, and academic leaders to improve the Philippines’ capability to modernize the scientific and technological capability of people working in the agriculture and fisheries sectors.
Grants under the Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program (FPASP) for Graduate Studies are for a maximum of one (1) academic year for non-degree and one (1) up to two (2) academic years for Master’s study. The grant will also provide for round-trip international travel, monthly maintenance allowance, tuition and fees, book/supplies allowance, and health and accident insurance.
Fields of Study
The program will fund study, but shall not be limited to the priority fields of the Department of Agriculture and the Agricultural Training Institute. These are the following:
- Post-Harvest Management: Post-Harvest Operations, Value Addition, Storage, Processing, Packaging, Grading, and Quality Improvement.
- Markets and Marketing: Size of Demand, Quantity, Farm Consolidation/Integration Impact Evaluation, Economies of Scale
- Sustainable Agriculture: Soil and Land Management, Nutrient Management, Use of Fertilizers, Crop and Livestock Integration
- Plant Genetic Resources: Conservation, Management, Utilization, Improvement, Breeding (Conventional Breeding & Molecular Breeding)
- Seed Systems and Pathology: Seed Health Testing and Seed Treatments
- Pests and Disease of Crops, Livestock and Fisheries: Resistance/Tolerance – Fall Armyworm, Panama Disease in the Banana Industry Health & African Swine Fever
- Crop and Livestock Improvement: Genetic Material/Introduction, Improvement, and Selection
- Precision Agriculture: Digital Agriculture, Climate-Resilient Agriculture
- Extension Education: Digital Learning, Social Entrepreneurship, Nutrition Sensitive Agriculture
- Evaluation/Impact Studies: Results Based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBME) and Policy Studies
- Aquaculture and Fisheries
- Philippine citizenship
- English Proficiency
- College degree with major in field of specialization; and with strong academic record
- Applicants must have at least two (2) years of professional work experience (after college) in their field of specialization. Assistantships during college do not count
- Applicants must be in good health to pursue graduate work in the United States.
- Applicants must be committed in returning to the Philippines immediately upon completion of the study.
- Individuals holding dual citizenship, are permanent residents and/or are presently studying in the United States are not eligible.
- Individuals already in the United States for the purpose of working, studying, and/or research are ineligible for a grant.
- Individuals who have resided in the United States for five (5) or more consecutive years in the past six (6) years are ineligible for a grant.
- Individuals with no pending criminal charges and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law.
- Completed online application: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023/
- Official or Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records from all Colleges/Universities Attended
- Certified True Copy of Diploma (Not original)
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (Forms are available via the online application portal)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume (Not more than 2 pages)
- Writing Samples (Not more than 2 pages)
- NBI Clearance acquired in the six (6) months
- Applications for a Non-Degree Dissertation Research must submit and show proof that materials required to pursue research are not available in the Philippines but are available in the United States.
Application period for the 2023-2024 Fulbright-Philippine Agriculture Scholarship Program for Graduate Studies is OPEN. Deadline for online application is on April 15, 2022.
SOURCE: Fulbright Philippines