Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) DOST-SEI | The Department of Science and Technology – Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) is now accepting applications for the scholarship. Third year college students who are currently enrolled in priority science and technology courses may apply for the Junior Level Science Scholarships (JLSS) Program.
About Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
The Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program aims to provide scholarships that will finance the education of talented and deserving students in their third year of college and who are pursuing degree programs in the areas of science and technology; and ensure a steady, adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources who can steer the country towards national progress.
Benefits & Value of Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
Since college tuition and books are expensive, some students who are attending college can benefit from getting additional aid. In some cases, the student can benefit from getting a full scholarship to ensure everything that they need for the semester is paid for by the sponsors of the scholarship. Therefore, the student will not be required to pay for their educational expenses out of their own pocket or by applying for an additional loan.
Qualification of Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
Before you fill out your application for the DOST-JLSS scholarship, there are some qualifications that you must meet. You need to review each of these qualifications to make sure that you meet all of the ones that’s noted in this scholarship program. With that being said, here are 6 basic qualifications that all students must meet before they are considered to be a part of the eligible applicants.
• Must be a student that is already attending college
• The actual timing of attending college must begin the 1st semester of AY from 2021- 2022 school year.
• If enrolled, the student cannot have any failing marks with the first 2 years of their attendance.
• All applicants must have a weight average grade of at least 83 percent
• The students that applies for this scholarship must be in good health and possess a good moral character.
• All applicants must also be a natural born Filipino citizen to qualify
Priority Course for Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
If you or someone you know is preparing an application for this type of scholarship, it is important for them to know that there are some courses that’s involve, too. For instance, the students that apply for this scholarship should have taken courses in a specific field. For instance, some of the courses that these students take must be in the sciences and technology. Here’s a list of courses that these students must take before they are eligible for a scholarship approval.
• Industrial Engineering
• Industrial Pharmacy
• Information System
• Information Technology
• Information Technology Systems
• Aeronautical Engineering
• Aerospace Engineering
• Agribusiness Management
• Pharmacy major in Clinical Pharmacy (5-year program)
• Public Health
• Agricultural Economics
• Agricultural Engineering
• Agricultural Technology
• Science Teaching (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Physical Science)
• Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
• Agricultural Biotechnology 1 Computer Science
• Agricultural Chemistry
• Mining Engineering
• Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
• Environmental Science
• Food Technology
• Chemistry with Materials Science and Engineering
• Civil Engineering
• Computer Engineering
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics and Communications Engineering/Electronics Engineering
• Instrumentation and Control Engineering
• Manufacturing Engineering
• Manufacturing Engineering Management – Mechatronics
• Marine Biology
• Marine Science
• Materials Engineering
• Geodetic Engineering
• Industrial Design
• Nutrition and Dietetics
• Mathematics and Science Teaching
• Mathematics Teaching
• Mechanical Engineering
• Mechatronics Engineering
• Medical Technology
• Metallurgical Engineering
• Ceramics Engineering
• Chemical Engineering
• Chemistry with Applied Computer Systems
• Packaging Engineering
• Petroleum Engineering
• Pharmacy (4-year program)
• Animal Science
• Applied Mathematics
• Applied Physics
• Applied Physics with Applied Computer System
• Applied Physics with Materials Science and Engineering
• Applied Statistics
Refer DOST official link below for latest JLSS courses list update
Application Requirements for Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
To be considered for the DOST-JLSS scholarship, you need to also know what the requirements are for the students who are interested. So, here is what you need to know.
– Acceptances for application date – is to be announced
– Deadline for online submission – 10/29/2021
*Special Note: October 29, 2021 is the last day that your application can be uploaded on official JLSS scholarship website.
Application Procedure for Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) Program
All of the information that will be required to complete this application procedure can be found on https://jlss.science-scholarships.ph/#/register. On this site, you will receive all of the procedures, including what types of documentation is needed for proof of ID (Birth certificate) and etc.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
Telephone Numbers: (02)88308876
cellphone no.: 09278868816; 0921526814
e-mail: [email protected]