Overview – About Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 in Australia
Australia no doubt provides a thriving and fruitful environment for international students to pursue their higher education. Unfortunately, not many international students may afford the fees that the institutions of higher learning levy. Luckily, there is a scholarship here that may help you to alleviate the burden that comes along.
That is the “Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022.” This is an international undergraduate scholarship that is awarded to high-achieving international students who have excellent academic outcomes. We want to let you know, through our discussions below, more about it and how to apply for the same.
Benefits of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 in Australia
In a nutshell, these are the leading benefits of this scholarship:
- $10,000 tuition fee reduction during the first year of the undergraduate degree course of study.
- 50% fee reduction for the 3-year duration of the undergraduate degree, or
- 100% fee reduction for the 3-year duration of the undergraduate degree
Eligibility Criteria of Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 in Australia
To qualify for this scholarship, a prospective candidate has to meet the following pre-conditions:
- Be a citizen of any other nation save for New Zealand or Australia
- Not a permanent resident of Australia
- Receives an offer for undergraduate course of study and the University of Melbourne
- Must have finished at the top 3% of the high school class in curricular like:
- GCE A-levels (No less than 3 grade ‘A’s along with numerical grades and a further 93% in the three best courses of study.
- An overall outcome of no less than 98% from many of the Australian Foundation Studies
- A score of no less than 42 in the International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GPA score of no less than 3.9 along with an SAT of no less than 1,500 or an ACT score of at least 31 from any US high school
- An overall score of no less than 97% from any Canadian Secondary School
- An overall score of no less than 95% in State Board Exam, ISCE, or CBSE if the applicant is from India
- An overall score of no less than 90 from a Vietnamese High School
- Must not have pursued any tertiary-level studies with the exception of studies completed as part and parcel of a 12-year program of study.
Candidates who may still be incapable of starting out or are somewhat confused about the matter are requested to seek more information from a dedicated counselor who is stationed to handle the matter. To do that, the said candidate ought to click this link:
Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 Application Procedure
No separate application is required for this scholarship. Instead, all an applicant has to do is apply for any undergraduate course of study at the University of Melbourne. Any applicant who meets the criteria set forth above automatically gets considered for this scholarship.
To express an interest or have yourself noted by the institution, click the link below:
Upon applying for this scholarship, the applications are evaluated to determine the successful ones. The eligible candidates are chosen on the basis of academic merit and then ranked by their results in the final years of high school. It is this ranking that ultimately determines the value of the scholarship.
This scholarship may not be rolled over to the next academic year and is premised on the performance of the recipient in the coursework. Other terms and conditions that govern the coursework also determine its eligibility throughout the duration of the pursuance of the study. The link below provides additional insight into how to manage this scholarship:
Deadline for Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 in Australia
As stated earlier, no separate application is required for this scholarship. As such, its ‘deadline’ coincides with the application deadline for entry into the University of Melbourne. These are as follows:
• Semester 2, 2021 (mid-year intake): Friday 11 June
• Semester 1, 2022 (start year intake): Tuesday 30 November
Each successful candidate is notified within 4-5 weeks upon receiving the unconditional course offerings at the University of Melbourne.
Call for applications
We have come to the end of our peek into the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship 2022 in Australia. Having done our bit, we now challenge you to proceed and apply for it right away. Remember, time is of the essence. Dragging your feet for too long may only serve to diminish your chances of obtaining it.